HOLY LAND – 2019
DECEMBER 1-10, 2019
VANCOUVER/TEL AVIV – Depart from Vancouver to Tel Aviv with stopover in Toronto. Overnight on the plane.
ARRIVAL IN TEL AVIV – Arrive in Holy Land. Arrive at Ben Gurion Airport. The pilgrimage group will be welcomed by a Diesenhaus’ representative. Transfer to your hotel. A welcome dinner. Overnight in Tel Aviv.
TEL AVIV/CAESAREA/ACRE/GALILEE – After breakfast, drive North to Caesarea Maritima. Visit the Roman Theater, the Herod’s Palace, the Palace of the Roman Procurator (Apostles 23: 23 and Apostles 26: 23 – Paul; Apostles 10: 20-48 – Peter and Cornelius), the Amphitheater, the Crusaders’ City and Harbor. Proceed to Mount Carmel to visit the Monastery of the Muhraka, where Elijah fought with the Baal priests. From the roofs of this Monastery, we have a beautiful view of the Jezreel Plain. Through the Druze villages, Daliyat el Carmel and Usifiya, we proceed to Haifa with a panoramic view of the city and harbor. Continue to the Church of Stella Maris (a Carmelite Monastery) with the cave of the Prophet Elijah. Proceed to Acre to visit the old city with the city walls, the Knights’ Halls and the Harbor. Through the Galilee proceed to Nazareth for your overnight. (Breakfast, Dinner)
BANYAS/GOLAN HEIGHTS/TABGHA – After breakfast, drive to the Mount of Beatitudes (Matthew 5: 7), where we shall visit the heptagonal church that was built by the Italian architect Berluzzi, and to gain a panoramic vista of the Sea of Galilee. Here we can celebrate Mass. Proceed to Banyas, the ancient Caesarea Philippi (Matthew 16: 13-20), one of the main sources of the Jordan River. Through the Golan Heights, drive to Capernaum, the town of Jesus, where he lived in the house of Peter performing from there his miracles and healings (Matthew 4: 13, Matthew 8: 14-15). Proceed to Tabgha, where we shall visit the Church of the Loaves and the Fishes (Matthew 14: 14-34) and the Church of Mensa Christi, where Jesus elected Peter as His Representative on Earth (John 21). We continue to the Baptismal Site at the Jordan River to renew our baptismal vows, then return to Nazareth for the balance of the day. Dinner and overnight. (Breakfast, Dinner)
SEA OF GALILEE/GINNOSAR/CANA/NAZARETH – After breakfast, a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee, where Jesus walked on the water (Matthew 14: 22-23). The ride will end at Ginnosar, where we shall visit the Ancient Boat from the time of Jesus that was found nearby. We depart to Cana, site of Jesus’ first miracle at the wedding feast (John 2: 1-11 and John 4: 46-54). Here we celebrate Mass and invite couples to renew their marriage vows. Proceed to Nazareth, visiting the Church of Annunciation (Luke 26: 28) and Mary’s well located in the Greek Orthodox Church. Proceed to Nazareth for your overnight. (Breakfast, Dinner)
MOUNT TABOR/MEGIDDO/JAFFA/JERUSALEM – After breakfast, drive to Mount Tabor, the site of Transfiguration, visiting the Catholic Church (Matthew 17: 1-8) and celebrate Mass here. From the rooftop of the church we can enjoy a beautiful view of the Lower Galilee and the Plain of Jezreel. Through the town of Afula, drive to Megiddo, known also as Armageddon – the place where the last battle of mankind is due to take place (the Apocalypse of St. John) – (Via Maris) that connected the old Egypt to Mesopotamia. Proceed through the Hills of Judea to Jerusalem. Overnight. (Breakfast, Dinner)
JERUSALEM – NEW CITY/BETHLEHEM – Drive to the Israel Museum. Visit the Shrine of the Book, where the Dead Sea Scrolls are housed and the miniature model of Jerusalem as it was during the second temple period. Proceed for a tour at the Knesset, Israel’s parliament. Continue to visit Mount Hertzel cemetery and Yad Vashem, the memorial to the Holocaust.
Drive to the outskirts of Bethlehem to visit a monastery of Mar Saba also known as the monastery of St. Sabas. Mar Saba was founded by St. Sabas in 478 as an Anchorite colony of monks. We leave Mar Saba for Bethlehem, celebrating Mass at Shepherds’ Field, then visit the Church of the Nativity, St. Jerome’s Chapel, and St. Catherine’s Church. Returning, we stop in Ein Karem where we visit the Church of St. John the Baptist and the Church of the Visitation. Return to the hotel.
DEAD SEA/MASADA/QUMRAN – After breakfast, drive to the Mount of Olives to observe the holy city. A short walk will take us to the Church of Dominus Flevit (Luke 19: 41-44) for the visit and proceed to the Garden of Gethsemane, the place where Jesus was arrested (Matthew 26: 36-58), to see the old olive trees and visit the Basilica of the Agony. Drive to the Church of Gethsemane for a morning Mass.
Proceed to the Good Samaritan Inn (Luke 8: 25-37) to the mountain fortress of Masada, stronghold of the Jews in the war against the Romans. Ascend to the fortress by cable car to visit the palaces of Herod the Great with its Roman baths and pools. Descend for a possible “dip” and “float” in the salty water of the Dead Sea, the world’s lowest place. Time permitting, on the way back to Jerusalem, stop in Qumran – the city of the Essens – where the Dead Sea scrolls were found in a cave by a shepherd. Overnight in Jerusalem.
JERUSALEM – OLD CITY/CHAGALL WINDOWS – After breakfast, drive to Mount Zion to visit the Room of the Last Supper (Cenacle) and the Tomb of King David. Walking through the Jewish Quarter, we reach the Wailing Wall – the holiest place for the Jews – and the Dung Gate. Drive through the New City of Jerusalem to Ein Kerem to visit the Church of St. John (Luke 1: 1-25)
From there proceed to Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital to visit the magnificent Chagall Windows.
Drive to the Lion’s Gate, we shall walk into the Old City to visit the Church of St. Anne and the Pool of Bethesda (John 5: 1-15). Proceed through the Via Dolorosa walking along the Stations of the Cross from the remains of the Antonia to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Here we can celebrate Mass. Ascend the Mount of Olives to visit the Chapel of the Ascension (Luke 24: 50-53), the Church of the Pater Noster (Luke 11: 1-4) and have a wonderful panoramic view of the Old City of Jerusalem, with the Temple Mount. Overnight in Jerusalem. (Breakfast, Dinner)
TEL AVIV/VANCOUVER – Departure transfer from Tel Aviv to Ben Gurion Airport. Flight back to Vancouver arriving the same day.
It is time to say goodbye. We take with us unforgettable, holy, spiritual memories, friendship, and the love and mercy of God. We adore God, praise Him and thank Him for His graces on each of us in this pilgrimage. We thank Our Blessed Mother for Her love and for bringing us closer to Her Son, Jesus.
This itinerary is subject to change without notice, if necessary.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Land Tour Price is only CDN $2,875.00 per person, which includes the CDN $750.00 non-refundable deposit. Air is extra.
- You will receive a $50.00 discount when you register and fully pay on or before JULY 31, 2019.
- Minimum 15 pilgrims required for this pilgrimage. We reserve the right to cancel the trip if there are less than 15 pilgrims.
- Bring US Dollars or your credit card.
- Bring your passport valid for at least 6 months after departure.
- Get a tourist visa from any or all of the countries to be visited in this pilgrimage, if it is required for your nationality.
- Travel insurance, trip cancellation insurance and medical insurance are strongly recommended to every pilgrim.
- All pilgrims must sign a Registration Form and a Waiver of Liability.
- Register with full payment on or before August 1, 2019.
- Meeting and assistance upon arrival at Ben Guion Airport by a Diesenhaus Unitours representative.
- Porterage at airport. Porterage at hotels.
- Double occupancy for 8 nights in a hotel.
- Daily breakfast and dinner at the relevant hotels.
- 7 full days air-conditioned deluxe bus.
- Transfers upon departure.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Tips for the tour guide for 9 days.
- Tips for the bus driver for 9 days.
- Entrance fees based on itinerary.
Price does not include:
- Return airfares from Vancouver to Tel Aviv. Note that economy return airfares may cost from CDN $750.00 to CDN $1,250.00 depending on the month of travel and ticket sales. Use your Airmiles to buy your return airfares. Meet the group at Ben Guion Airport.
- A single supplement for hotel accommodations will be available for CDN $850.00 extra charge.
- Tips to restaurants/hotels.
- Any meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
Border tax/Visa fees.
- Personal donations to churches.
- Optional excursions/activities/evening outings.
Any expense of a personal nature.
- Individual shopping.
- Anything else not mentioned under “Price Includes”.
- If you cancel on or before AUGUST 31, 2019, you will receive a full refund less the non-refundable deposit of CDN $750.00.
- If you cancel on SEPTEMBER 1, 2019 or thereafter, your full payment will be non-refundable, non-transferable and non-creditable.
- If we cancel this pilgrimage, you will receive 100% full refund.
- There will be a meeting of all the pilgrims to discuss the itinerary, travel tips, travel needs, the safety of the pilgrims, any concerns that you may have, as well as, to prepare spiritually for the pilgrimage. Meeting place TBA.
CONTACT: TERESITA NIXON
TEL: (604) 868-2354 or (604) 940-7006
205 – 938 HOWE STREET, VANCOUVER, BC V6Z 1N9