OREGON AND WASHINGTON
AUGUST 2-3-4, 2019
- National Sanctuary of Our Lady of Sorrows in Portland.
- St. Mary’s Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Portland.
- Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help in Olympia.
- St. George Byzantine Catholic Church in Olympia.
Start our pilgrimage with your participation in the First Friday Mass at Holy Rosary Cathedral or at your own parish.
Pick up of pilgrims from the Holy Rosary Cathedral and the Oakridge Mall on Cambie Street, Vancouver and from the Ladner Exchange in Delta, BC.
After passing the Canada-US border, we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary and sing songs joyfully. At midday, we pray the Angelus. Stopover at the Tacoma Mall to buy your own lunch and to shop.
We proceed to Olympia, Washington to see the Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help and St. George Byzantine Catholic Church. Here, we visit the Blessed Sacrament, pray and meditate. We receive the blessings of the pastor, subject to his available presence.
The Shrine of Our Lady Of Perpetual Help, Olympia, Washington, is the shrine of the Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Phoenix, which serves Byzantine Catholics in the Western United States. Byzantine Catholics are in communion with our Holy Father Francis, Pope of Rome. However, they worship in the ancient Byzantine liturgical tradition which is descended from Constantinople. The story of the miraculous icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Help involves a journey from the Mediterranean island of Crete to Rome. Source: https://www.olph-shrine.org/#!
We then drive to Portland, Oregon. We pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet on the way. We check in at the retreat house, convent or the hotel. We buy our own supper in a restaurant. Rest for the night.
After breakfast, we drive to the Grotto, an internationally known Catholic shrine with a botanical garden.
This is the Sanctuary of Our Sorrowful Mother managed by the Order of Servants of Mary aka Servites. They lead a community life in the tradition of the mendicant orders. The Servite Order was founded in 1233 AD when a group of cloth merchants of Florence, Italy, left their city, families and professions to retire outside the city on a mountain known as Monte Senario for a life of poverty and penance. These men are known as the Seven Holy Founders; they were canonized by Pope Leo XIII in 1888. Source: https://thegrotto.org/
At the Chapel of Mary, we visit the Blessed Sacrament, pray and meditate. Confession is available. We participate in the Healing Mass of St. Peregrine with choir music liturgy, blessing of the sick and veneration of St. Peregrine’s relic.
Those wishing to see the beautiful, botanical Grotte gardens may buy their own tokens at the Gift Shop or the Conference Center. The gardens are in the plaza level and in the upper level of the Grotto. We will shop last minute at the Gift Shop prior to leaving the Grotto.
Buy your own lunch in an all-you-can eat restaurant with Chinese, Japanese, American foods. Return to the hotel for overnight.
After breakfast and hotel check out, we depart to participate at the Sunday Mass at St. Mary’s Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception of the Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon. Opened in 1926, the cathedral has the Romanesque style with some Byzantine features and covers an area of 12,000 square feet. Statues of the Sacred Heart and the Blessed Mother were brought in by the Benedictine monks of Mount Angel. The Stations of the Cross and the Povey Brothers dome above the altar date from 1926. Source: http://www.maryscathedral.com/
This itinerary is subject to change without notice, if necessary.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Price is only CDN $495.00 per person.
- Minimum 5 pilgrims required for the trip. We reserve the right to cancel the trip if there are less than 5 pilgrims.
- Bring US dollars or your credit card.
- Bring your passport valid for at least 6 months after departure.
- Get a US tourist visa if it is required for your nationality.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- All pilgrims must sign a Registration Form and a Waiver of Liability.
- Register with full payment on or before JULY 15, 2019.
- Car, van or tourist bus for transportation, depending on the number of pilgrims.
- Driver’s tips.
- Two-night accommodations with double occupancy.
- Free breakfasts for 2 days.
Price does not include:
- Entrance fees to the Grotto Gardens.
- Lunches and suppers.
- Any expense of a personal nature.
- If you cancel on or before JULY 22, 2019, you will receive a full refund less CDN $100.00 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel on JULY 23, 2019 or thereafter, your full payment is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-creditable.
- If we cancel, you will receive a full refund.
CONTACT: TERESITA NIXON
TEL: (604) 868-2354 or (604) 940-7006
205 – 938 HOWE STREET, VANCOUVER, BC V6Z 1N9
BC TRAVEL AGENT LICENCE # 71122